Thursday 2 May 2013

What Catherine Said About: MIDI RINGS


 
As trends go the midi ring is one that I actually quite enjoy unlike ponchos and ugg boots. (Sorry but they are basically slippers and I can't get down with paying £100+ and not getting any sort of heel, I just can't.) It's the kind of thing that Phoebe used to wear in Friends and always looked hippie and cool, so when they started popping up in Topshop I was first to hop on that bandwagon.
"That sounds delightful Catherine, do you have any picture evidence of this?"
Unfortunately not eloquent stranger, you see the annoying thing about midi rings is that as cute and trendy as they are unless you want to risk cutting off the circulation to your finger tips they tend to slip off. Being so small once they fall off, good luck finding them again!
I originally had four midi rings, three from Topshop and one from River Island. They were beautiful and I loved them dearly. I had worn them about twice when I went to Manchester for a friends birthday and I lost three within the space of ten minutes, NO EXAGGERATION.
Luckily for me, if you can call it luck, the one I didn't lose was the fancy expensive one so you know, swings and roundabouts. After the trauma of losing three all at once I was too scared to wear it and I'm afraid my gusto for the midi ring perished.
NOT THE END OF THE STORY.
After a while I got over it, tis only midi rings after all. I went out on the hunt for some inexpensive midi rings that wouldn't send me into a deep dark pit of depression (EXAGGERATION) if I lost one or two. This was a bigger task than I had originally believed as everything is so gosh darn expensive nowadays.
However, this story does have a happy ending. I have found a perfect substitute for midi rings, in the form of Argos earrings. THAT'S RIGHT ARGOS!
Only £9.99 for 6 Sterling Silver small hoop earrings that double perfectly for midi rings. (SEE FLOWERY TURQUOISE NAIL PICTURE ABOVE) Also being Sterling Silver they won't tarnish to that nasty orange colour like most high street jewellery.
So there you have it cheap midi rings :)
Here's the link and if you're feeling a little more flush you could go crazy and get them in gold too!
www.argos.co.uk/static/Product/partNumber/2118275.htm

Peace Out
Catherine